Fraudsters as it turned out, follow us everywhere, the more the world is improving in terms of technology, the more scammers coming up with sophisticated fraud techniques are. Attackers waiting for us everywhere in the Internet network, by telephone, on the street and even in places where we can not wait for this.
Today I would like to talk about telemarketing fraud cases and how it works. I would like to emphasize the fact that every year the fraudsters deceive consumers and various businesses in the forty million US dollars.
The problem of all is that legitimate business uses the same methods as the attackers. And that is why many buyers fall for fraud. It is necessary to remember some rules in order not to fall for such fraud, and best of all, we give a real telemarketing fraud cases.
Many scammers are using almost the same scheme, without introducing anything new. Most of them try to convince you that you have become lucky and won the grand prize. The next case is the pressure on the pity. They call you, tell a sad story and asked to donate some money to charity.
There is also a telemarketing fraud cases when they want to sell you something, subscribe to the magazine, offer travel services, club membership and all that you can only think of themselves.
After everything we said above, we should not think that anyone who calls you are crooks. In fact, many legitimate companies operate on this basis and sell real services and things. But if you do not believe, in general, telemarketing, you should ask them for the name and check over the Internet. If a charity campaign, please call the hotline and check the veracity of the words the manager said.
Мы говорили выше, что аферисты придумывают и другие темы, давайте на примере посмотрим, о также распространенном виде мошенничества.
Before you buy a service or product, try to answer several questions:
- A person who is calling you, do not give you time to think.
- The manager refuses to provide you with information by email.
- Insists you to provide a credit card number.
- Requires payment for the “prize”
- The manager insists that the courier come to your home and took the money or check.
- The information sounds untrue.
In case if you can answer all the questions “yes”, then you have fall for fraud. Needless to talk with the “manager”, it is better to hang up and do not waste time on the con artist.
We said above that the scammers come up with other topics, let’s look at an example of another common form of fraud.
What is identity theft
Modern young people who understand the strategy and have an analytical mind, are most often become scammers on the net. Smart people use their time and expertise not for right thing. Statistics show that people between the ages of twenty-five to forty-five years become scammers and cheat innocent civilians.
Today the question, what is identity theft is very sensational, both among young people and the elderly. This show and tell all the media, but few say what is it and how to protect yourself from it.
Fraud with theft of identity data is called phishing, from the English fishing. The method of this scam is very simple, the attacker send letters by e-mail, where the body of the message contains links. Basically, they are disguised as existing companies or banks. Their simple task is to get away from your personal data such as login, password or PIN.
To protect yourself from this fraud and not to wonder what is identity theft, follow the instructions that we give you below.
- Check your bank account on a regular basis. Remember, scammers are on asleep and can sent you pseuso letters from the bank.
- Be wary while open attachments in emails that you were sent. Pay attention to the sender if it is familiar to you company, then check the accuracy of its name.
- Use advanced versions of operating systems and software.
- Come up with your password of increased complexity. Do not use birth dates, names of favorite teams and children’s names. It is best to come up with a password that consists of letters and numbers. Also, do not store passwords on a personal computer, it is better to write it down in a notebook or remember.
- Read the form on the website where you are requested to enter your personal data. Remember that no bank or other company will ask you for a password, a PIN code and passport data.
- Do not say your pin code anyone. Do not tell anyone about your PIN, and the real bank won`t ask you for it.
- Do not store personal data on the laptop. This type of computer are most often stolen, so please refrain from storing valuable information on it, because it is better to do on a desktop computer. And if you haven`t got it, then download the information on the flash drive and store it at home.
- Keep information, telephone, address of the seller where you bought the goods. If you cheat, you will go to the police with this data.